Labels

Monday, February 15, 2010

A weekend full of Chocolates, Snowmobiles, and Dr. Love



Most couples enjoy weekends together at the end of every friday, for us however it is a rare and priceless occurance. Everyday was crazy and full of fun and laughter, the only problem with that is at the end of it all you find yourself wanting more and more. Our adventure began on friday as we journeyed our way up to Logan, with Timber in tow. We planned to attend the Logan temple, our first time back together since we were married there back in September. It was wonderful. After being spiritually fed it was time to feed our growling tummys, and we joined my mom for dinner at a classic in Logan, Callaways....amazing....it seriously puts Olive Garden to shame. Saturday morning it was time to head out on the road again for our next adventure....destination....Kamas, Utah....where exactly that is....I don't know. But thanks to the new GPS navigator that Marc got me for my birthday we managed to find our way through the barren lands of Wyoming. My mom was nice enough, and brave enough to baby sit Timber while we headed out to spend the weekend with the Errors. I'm hoping that she'll learn a thing or two from Bo( my mom's lab), as long as that doesn't involve Begging, Drooling, Barking, Running away, and Moaning in her sleep.


Bear River Lodge was a snowmobilers paradise, fresh powder, fun trails, rustic log cabins, and plenty of fresh air. Things were a little bit crazy with ten adults and seven little kids, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I was a little bit leary to go out snowmobiling, my last and only experience involved me and my family getting lost in a blizzard and nearly not making it out....yeah just a little scary. But this trip helped remind me of something.....once I'm on a snowmobile I get a little bit crazy....call it the speed demon inside of me. Marc and I had a lot of fun playing in the powder and racing down the trails.

Evenings were filled with yummy food, plenty of treats, watching the olympics on TV, and dozens of games. If there is one thing that the Error family loves, it's games. And I am slowly finding myself being sucked into the addiction......Killer Bunnies ring a bell to anyone, if so you will completely understand what I mean. There was at least two daily pillow fights, midnight snacks on yummy goodies, cuddling up to a crackling fire and watching the snow fall. It all was so perfect.

The big day came....the day of LOVE.....Valentines Day....which also happens to be my birthday. Growing up it often got forgotten or put on the back burner, I never really enjoyed sharing it with a holiday. This year however I have never felt more love and appreciation. Birthday wishes and gifts spanned from friday until monday morning. Linda made a delicious birthday dinner and topped it off with my favorite....ice cream cake. I can't honestly say that 23 feels any different from 22....but I can say that my Alzheimers is already kicking in, not more than a month ago I completely forgot how old I really was. I'm already falling apart. Monday morning we were back on the road again headed up to Cache Valley to celebrate my birthday with my family. Movie and dinner has always been our tradition, unfortunatley we were limited to our selection since it was a holiday and everyone in the valley thought a movie was a perfect idea. I try not to force Marc through too many chick flicks, I don't want to drive the poor guy crazy, but today we had no choice and had to settle for the movie Valentines Day. Now if I can say a chick flick it cheesy I can only imagine how unbearable it had to be for Marc. What a wonderful husband to suffer through such torture. Dinner was amazing as we dined at Hamiltons on chicken cordon bleu, salmon, and yummy ice cream. Sadly our adventure packed weekend had to come to a close as we began the long journey back down to salt lake for work the next day. But it truly is these precious and rare times together that help us appreciate each other so much more and the scarce time that we do get togther. Not going to lie though....I can't wait for our next adventure.
P.S. Timber seemed to have a wonderful time up in Logan. And luckily she didn't come home with any habits learned from Bo; barking, drooling, not coming....however she did pick up one habit.....moaning in her sleep:)

No comments:

Post a Comment