Blogging itself is kinda like a secret club you hope one day to get into. And like most secret clubs there are some requirements.....I suppose this is why my steam ran out....little did I know I had them all along.
#1- You are crafty, creative, and own a hot glue gun.
Hmmm.....does liking crafty things apply in this situation? The last time that I used a hot glue gun was in middle school...around the same time that the pages in my scrapbook magically stopped. I've always wanted to be the girl that could make home decor out of toothpicks, paint, and newspaper. However I have yet to tap into that area of my hidden talents. Still despite my failed sock puppets and lop sided crocheted headbands, I want to express my creativity and take ideas that I have and make them realities.
#2- You can make delicious food that is kid, husband, and mother-in-law approved.
Before I was married I considered myself to be quiet the creative and good cook. After I was married I soon realized that my idea of creative is, to the general public, weird. I have had my victory of meals rated with five stars from my husband. But I have also had many defeats that ended with a bowel of Cheerios and some fun sized candy bars. I highly doubt that Julia Childs flourished into a world renowned cook overnight. I am sure that her husband on more than one occasions had to smile and swallow while trying to determine what exactly he was eating. There is hope for me yet!
#3- You are currently overcoming or have already overcome a physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual obstacle....and be willing to talk about it.
My friends and family already know that I am an "odd girl"...there is no need to enhance it :) . Just like anyone else I have my own individual trials and tribulations. And the only way I have been able to face them and over come them is with the help of my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. They are who I choose to share about.
#4- You have kids.
A loving husband, playful dog, and well behaved horse make up my little family. At this time we do not have any kids, I look forward to the day when we will. Although there have been days when I've had minuet second thoughts cross my mind; sacrament meetings, grocery stores, and airports.....You know what I'm talking about :) . For now I think there is enough rambunctiousness going on around the houseSo while I might not meet all the normal expectations it may appear that a blogger needs to possess, I do meet a few others....laughter, love, ambitions, and dreams....and also plenty of sarcasm. While it may not be the beginning of a new year I want to make a goal to capture my thoughts, memories, and all the little things in life within this blog. Because in the end all that we have is our family and our memories.
Teana! You have so many great things to blog about! (like more house updates. . . I am dying to see what you are working on). I hope to read more of your stories--and more frequently! Love you, girl!
ReplyDeleteYay! Can't wait to read more! And I love that picture of Marc and Timber!
ReplyDelete