There are some milestones in life that you look forward to ernestly. From a young age these milestones may have been being able to stay up late, turning sixteen and being able to drive, or getting your first part time job. As you get older those milestones become even more monumental. One for example may be going to college, or possibly getting married, maybe landing that big job that you have always wanted.
I can proudly say that I have hit all those milestones, however there are some even more valuable ones that I have my eyes on now.
And last night we hit one! Seven hours! My seven week old beautiful baby boy went seven hours between his feeds at night. We gave him his night time feeding at 9:30pm, tucked him in to bed at 10:15pm and we didn't hear a peep from him until 4:30am. What was I doing during this wonderous gift from my son you may wondering.....laying awake wondering why he wasn't waking me up to eat. I suppose it is just a part of the transition. I've heard that once you become a mother you never really sleep well again. Whether you are worried about your little toddler or your teenager, you don't sleep quite the same as before you had kids. No matter though, they are worth the sacrifice. After feeding Luke at 4:30am he then went to sleep and didn't wake up until 9:00am.
I am one lucky mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment