Labels

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Take in each moment

The most frequent and probably best advice that I have been given is to enjoy this time of my life because it only happens once. But each and every morning I wake up wishing that it was September 15. As I groggily saunter out of my bed I realize to my dismay that it isn't...not even close yet. Disappointed...yes....saddened..slightly....ready to let it ruin the here and now....I don't think so. So I have been determined to soak in the great times, wonderful family, and amazing friends that have been accompanying me on this journey to.....marriage. I will never be single again, I will be a fiancee for three months, and I will be married for time and all eternity.
Now you may or may not believe this, but I assure you that it is true. The dress...I mean THE dress that I was to wear on the day of my wedding, to be sealing in for time and all eternity was the very first one that I tried on. Honest...I swear. Every gown after that didn't even compare. My roomate Nicole had ventured with me to the gateway just to window shop....ha. I eneded up putting in an order that day and frantically sending photos to my mother hoping that she loved it just as much as I did. The funniest part of the whole experience that I don't want to forget is when Nicole was using the huge construction clamps that the bridal shop provides to help you get a more fitted look; oh it gave me quiet the fitted look...and left some serious bruises on my back as she accidentally clamped skin with fabric..ouch...but it was hilarious.

Friends truly are the most priceless possession that you can hold, they are there for you during the happy times, that sad times, and the hard times. I am so blessed to have the most amazing friends...and family. They wanted to ensure that I was prepared for my newly married life and threw four bridal showers for me. Everything from towels, to silverware, to quesadilla makers and lingueri....yep...that last one came from family...ahhh I have a very unique family...I love um.
I thought I was busy before I became engaged, boy was I in for a rude awakening. I was making decision I had never even thought about. Chicken or beef, roses or lilies, blue or green, logan temple or bountiful temple...and the list goes on and on. Luckily I was planning on having the reception at the Marriott in Logan and they had the mystical wedding planners for your use...thank goodness for Holly. That poor girl probably heard the words "I don't know" at least a dozen times. Although she said she would much rather hear those words than some of the others that she is far to use to being belted out.


Now, usually it is the grooms responsibility to say, "yes", "love it", "whatever you want".....pretty much they get off pretty easy. However, my fiancee stepped up to the plate and make the ultimate sacrifice....he attended a bridal shower with me....not just one...but two. Yeah, I know, how did I snag such an amazing man? The look on Marc's face speaks for itself.



Marc and I honestly were so grateful for the wonderful women who put so much love and time into throwing us amazing showers and inviting our friends and family. My good family friend Shannelle, my mother and her nieghbor Shalon, Marc's aunt Judy, and the wonderful women from Linda's ward. By the time all four were over we had everything that we needed. It was actually hilarious, as I went to each shower there was something that I knew we needed badly, and sure enough one of those brightly wrapped packages contained it...a toaster....a mop...and finally....a knife set. Heck christmas is no longer my favorite holiday.....santa needs to hire some different elves.
Amist all the hustle and bustle we were able to find some solace, some fun, and some time alone together. We celebrated America's Independence under a sky of brightly lit fireworks. We snuck away for a fun vacation to Mexico with my family, and even enjoyed a few rodeos and county fairs. Those words of advice were so very true, this really was a once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget....and to some degree never want to live through again....now....is it September 15th YET??

No comments:

Post a Comment