There are moments in life that seem to stick with you so much more vividly than others, not only that, people, places, smells, you name it. All of these can throw you right back into the moment of that memory, accompanied by all the emotions and feelings you had at that time. Our first date was nothing extravagant, but there are so many details that remain boldly in my mind. The call was a bit awkward and short noticed, but it was something that I had been anxiously waiting for for days. I remember feeling nervous as I talked on the phone, almost like I was back in high school experiencing my first date ever. We decided to double it and I ended up inviting my new room mate while Marc invited one of his fellow residence. I'm not normally one to pace the window and check the clock a dozen times in one minute, but that night I was. I'm also not one to try on multiple different outfits right up until the last minute, but I was. I still remember that I decided to wear my forest green baby doll shirt and my favorite pair of BKE jeans, with my brown flats. Hair up or hair down...hair down. Honestly I had only up until this moment seen him in scrubs, people always can seem like a new person when you put street clothes on them. He wore a striped shirt, leather jacket, and cowboy boots...which I later found out that he wore because he knew I was a cowgirl. We ate at the Rusted Sun Pizzaria, calzone all the way around. We played name that singer as we drove in the car hunting down the resturant and also the haunted house we were going to be heading to.....Marc was the winner by a landslide. Haunted houses are always fun to go to on a date, any excuse to cuddle up and pretend to be scared . I remember standing in line chatting about our lives, where we had been, the things we had done; there was a point when I wondered if he would think I was too young, too immature, too unpredicatable. There was something though, I always felt so safe with him.
Third dates the charm. After helping me move all of my things from the town house in murray to my new apartment in salt lake, I somehow managed to convice him to go country dancing with me up Cottonwood canyon. Don't be shocked, but, yes I was in a sorority....granted its an LDS sorority so that definitely brings it down a couple of pegs. But they were holding a barn dance with dinner and plenty of entertainment. Marc picked me up sporting his cowboy boots that he had gotten while going to school in Oklahoma, and sporting a button up western shirt. I'll have to say that is probably one of the funnest dances that I have ever gone too, including any junior prom or senior ball. We were nothing but a bunch of goof balls, flying around the dance floor, not caring how silly we were. The dancing didn't go all night so we decided to keep things exciting and head to the Clark Planetarium for a light show. Unfortunately our only option was Pink Floyd's Against the Wall, weirdest thing ever, but we had the best time laughing at it. Once back at my apartment we sat in his car small talking....waiting. There is one thing that I can honestly say, I never would have thought that would have been my last first kiss......but I am so glad that it was.

No comments:
Post a Comment